So I've got an intership! I'll be helping to plan and execute Hanna's House, a small initiative that will conduct 4 seminars across Ireland about how to create and facilitate non-violent and sustainable communities through a feminist perspective. The seminars are happening in Derry, Sligo, Cork and Dublin - I figured y'all would know where those last two are ;) - and the first one is in Derry on February 11. After the seminars, Hanna's House will conduct a Summer School in 2010.
Now unless they start paying me I won't be staying on until 2010, but I'm certainly going to work until the Derry seminar and see how it's going. Currently it's just myself and the director working on this (it's a subsidiary project of the National Women's Council of Ireland) so I'm really going to be involved in the planning! I'll be doing a lot of communications work and particularly online communications (maybe we'll have a seminar blog hmmm?), which is exciting. For now I'll be going in on Thursdays, but that will probably increase as it gets closer to Feb. 11th.
I'm still on the watch for other part-time jobs, but I think this will really give me something to sink myself into and Ireland work experience and I'll certainly meet a lot of people from women's organizations and maybe they'll have a job available! This can only mean good things :)
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Hooray! You go, girl! I am so very proud of my daughter and glad that she's helping to change her corner of the world.
:D thank you!
So exciting!! Congrats Katie, I can't wait to hear more about it!
Post a Comment