I've opened a bank account finally and once my info gets cleared by amorphous criminal and governmental entities (which should happen by Thursday evening or Friday morning) I'll be able to deposit the refund check. Now I know that this isn't actually real money, but rather a loan from my illustrious country, so I'm going to try to get a savings account too on Thursday/Friday and put at least half of this check in there so I don't spend it and have the previously mentioned illustrious country pissed at me when I can't pay them back right away. So yes! YAY!
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Yay Money!
My two new favorite words were discovered today: "fees" & "refund". Got an email today from UCD saying that I had quite a nice bit of money owed to me from the college. I knew that my loans from the government were more than my costs here were going to be, but I wasn't sure what that meant. Would it just not get disbursed? Would it float away in the ether of exchange rates? Apparently the full first half got disbursed to the UCD Fees Office and so now I've got extra! And when the second half is disbursed next semester I'll have extra again! This is how I feel about this:
I've opened a bank account finally and once my info gets cleared by amorphous criminal and governmental entities (which should happen by Thursday evening or Friday morning) I'll be able to deposit the refund check. Now I know that this isn't actually real money, but rather a loan from my illustrious country, so I'm going to try to get a savings account too on Thursday/Friday and put at least half of this check in there so I don't spend it and have the previously mentioned illustrious country pissed at me when I can't pay them back right away. So yes! YAY!
I've opened a bank account finally and once my info gets cleared by amorphous criminal and governmental entities (which should happen by Thursday evening or Friday morning) I'll be able to deposit the refund check. Now I know that this isn't actually real money, but rather a loan from my illustrious country, so I'm going to try to get a savings account too on Thursday/Friday and put at least half of this check in there so I don't spend it and have the previously mentioned illustrious country pissed at me when I can't pay them back right away. So yes! YAY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment